The ECHN team liaises with IAH’s congress and meeting organisers, endeavouring to provide a range of opportunities specifically for those in the early stages of their hydrogeology careers. These include pre-congress/meeting short courses, awards for best presentations and posters, affordable accommodation and organizing social events for networking.
We have accomplished much in IAH’s congresses and meetings in the last years, thanks to the joint effort of ECHN, IAH Council and Executive and, most notably, Conference Organizers.
Here are some examples:
- Pre-Congress Short Courses on scientific writing and presentations;
- Award for the best ECHN presentation and poster during IAH Congresses;
- Joint/cheap accommodation for ECHs – details of low cost hotel and hostels for students and ECHs are provided by the conference organizers;
- ECHs have the opportunity to become Technical Session (Co-)Chairs;
- ECHN Annual Meeting & Social Event are organized during the IAH Congresses to create a friendly and casual environment for socializing and networking;
Special attention to ECH delegates and their work – ECHs are identified by the ECHN logo on the poster or presentations. The logo is generally available for download on the conference website.
ECHN participation in previous IAH congresses
46th IAH International Congress: “Groundwater Management and Governance: Coping with Water Scarcity”, Malaga, Spain
45th IAH International Congress: “Groundwater and Life: Science and Technology into Action”, Daejeon, Korea
44th IAH International Congress “Groundwater Heritage and Sustainability”, Dubrovnik, September
43rd IAH International Congress “Groundwater and society: 60 years of IAH”, Montpellier, France
42nd IAH International Congress “Hydrogeology : Back to the Future”, Rome, Italy.
41st IAH International Congress “Groundwater : Challenges and Strategies”, Marrakech, Marocco.
Congress photo galleries:
IAH 2012 International Congress in Niagara Falls, Canada
IAH 2011 International Congress in Pretoria, South Africa
Past Conferences with ECHN Support
The ECHN supports conference organizing committees on any hydrogeological topic to improve the involvement of Early Career Hydrogeologists. Find out more.