2015 World Water Day – March 22nd
ECHN-IAH World Water Day Photo Gallery. Share with us your ‘Water Moment’ to celebrate the World Water Day, the best photos will be published here. Send us by email with a short description, location and the photo author’s name.
Let’s celebrate World Water Day
It has been said that the last drop of water on Earth will be remorseful tears of humankind. This year, World Water Day (WWD) is dedicated to Water and Sustainability. 2015 is also the year stipulated by the United Nations to achieve the Millennium Development Goals. Many achievements and successes have been made in regards to improved sanitation and increased access to drinking water. Nevertheless, there is still a lot of work to do and challenges to face.
Societal demand on water continues to increase with exponential population growth, urbanization and increasing water stress relating to industry, energy, health and food demands. It is therefore us, today’s Early Career Hydrogeologists, who must anticipate future challenges.
The Early Career Hydrogeologists’ Network (ECHN) of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) would like to invite all ECHs to get involved and play an active role in water management as a driving force for sustainable development.
To achieve such an aim each of us should:
- Find working groups, NGOs and organizations working with water issues, vis-à-vis sustainable development, in your home town, country or University, and get involved
- Stay informed of WWD developments using online forums and social media
- Ask yourself how your research and knowledge could be applied to make a difference
- Share your relevant work experience and knowledge with other stakeholders
- Share problems and issues you are aware of
- Contribute to social networks, congresses, workshops and seminars
- Be active and share!
Let’s celebrate World Water Day together in 2015 and establish the ECHN as a vital network of the IAH and international community as a whole!