‘Coolest Paper’ of 2015 Award
The Coolest Paper of 2015,
selected by early career hydrogeologists, is
Congratulations Fred L. Ogden and co-authors!
Fred is invited to talk about this paper at the 2016 IAH Congress in Montpellier, France, from 25-29th September, 2016.
Voting period is open from April 1st to May 31st.
Any early career hydrogeologist can vote for the ‘coolest’ of the nominations. All voters will automatic enter the chance to win a FREE book from the IAH series of his/her choice.
The first author of the paper receiving the most votes will be awarded the major prize – a year’s IAH membership and a book title of choice from the IAH series.
The prizes will be awarded at the 2016 IAH Congress in Montpelier, France, where the winning author will be invited to deliver an oral presentation.
Nominated papers for the ‘Coolest Paper’ of 2015 Award
These papers were nominated by early career hydrogeologists in the previous period of the ‘Coolest Paper’ of 2015 Award, see details below.
Arslan S, Yazicigil H, Stute M, et al. (2014) Analysis of groundwater dynamics in the complex aquifer system of Kazan Trona, Turkey, using environmental tracers and noble gases. Hydrogeol J 23:175–194. doi: 10.1007/s10040-014-1188-z
Best, A., Arnaud, E., Parker, B., Aravena, R. and Dunfield, K. (2015), Effects of Glacial Sediment Type and Land Use on Nitrate Patterns in Groundwater. Groundwater Monitoring & Remediation, 35: 68–81. doi: 10.1111/gwmr.12100
Re V (2015) Incorporating the social dimension into hydrogeochemical investigations for rural development: the Bir Al-Nas approach for socio-hydrogeology. Hydrogeol J 23:1293–1304. doi: 10.1007/s10040-015-1284-8
Xanke J, Goeppert N, Sawarieh A, et al. (2015) Impact of managed aquifer recharge on the chemical and isotopic composition of a karst aquifer, Wala reservoir, Jordan. Hydrogeol J 1027–1040. doi: 10.1007/s10040-015-1233-6
Nominate your favorite paper of 2015 and enter the chance to get a FREE Book of your choice from the IAH book series.
The PAPER MUST be about HYDROGEOLOGY and it can be from ANY PEER-REVIEWED JOURNAL and written by ANY AUTHOR – not necessary an early career professional.
The NOMINATION and VOTING MUST be made by EARLY CAREER HYDROGEOLOGISTS (student or in the early years of professional, independent of the age).
Once nominations have closed we will open voting to decide the most amazing, inspirational, engaging, cool hydrogeology paper published in 2015.
The first author of the winner paper will receive:
FREE MEMBERSHIP of IAH
ONE FREE BOOK from the IAH book series
Invitation to present at the 2016 IAH Congress in Montpelier, France
The announcement of the award winner will be made at the 2016 IAH Congress in Montpelier, France.
Terms and conditions
- Self nominations are not permitted.
- Nominators MUST NOT work at the same institution as authors of their nominated paper.
- Nominations are open to all early career hydrogeologists, defined as those working in a hydrogeology related field, who completed (or are completing) a degree (e.g. PhD, Masters or Bachelor) in hydrogeology or a related field within the last 10 years;
- Papers to be nominated must come from peer-reviewed science and/or engineering publications (such as, but not limited to, Hydrogeology Journal).
- Nominations and voting are restricted to one submission per person. When nominating and voting you will be asked to enter name, email address, institution and country and to verify that you are an early career hydrogeologist, and have not already voted.
- Email addresses will be verified before nominations and votes are accepted.
- The prize will be awarded at the 2016 IAH Congress in Montpellier, France and the winning author will be invited to deliver an oral presentation during the congress.
- The winner will receive a year’s free membership of IAH and an IAH book prize of his or her choice.