‘Coolest Paper’ of 2014 Award
‘Coolest Paper’ of 2014 Award Celebration
Dr. Antonio Hernández-Espriú, the winner of the ‘Coolest Paper’ Award, has been invited to present his work at the 2015 IAH Internatioanl Congress, in Rome, Italy:
“The DRASTIC-Sg model: an extension to the DRASTIC approach for mapping groundwater vulnerability in aquifers subject to differential land subsidence, with application to Mexico City”
Friday, September 18th, 2015
12:15 – 12:30
Session S8.7 – Hydrogeological mapping for sustainable management, protection, evaluation and valorization of
Don’t miss the random draw for two lucky participants of the ‘Coolest Paper’ of 2014 Award that will receive
a free book from the IAH series.
The draw will happen in the end of the ECHN Annual General Meeting
Monday, September 14th, 2015
17:30-18:30, Orange Room
Voting period now open! From June 1st to July 31st.
After the nomination period, there will be an online poll in which any early career hydrogeologist can vote for the published article that they consider ‘the coolest’ of the nominations.
The first author of the paper receiving the most votes will be awarded the major prize – a year’s IAH membership and a book title of choice from the IAH series.
The prize will be awarded at the 2015 IAH Congress in Rome, Italy, where the winning author will be invited to deliver an oral presentation.
As an added bonus, when YOU nominate a paper YOU will be added into a prize draw to WIN a book of your choice from the IAH book series during the 2015 IAH Congress.
FREE MEMBERSHIP of IAH for one year, plus a choice of ONE FREE BOOK from the IAH book series for the winner.
As an added bonus, when YOU nominate a paper YOU will be added into a prize draw to WIN a book of your choice from the IAH book series!
The announcement of the award winner will be made at the 2015 IAH Congress in Rome, Italy.
The Early Career Hydrogeologists’ Network (ECHN) of the International Association of Hydrogeologists (IAH) needs you!
We would like to know your favorite hydrogeology paper of 2014. The paper can be from any peer-reviewed journal and by any author.
The only criterion: it needs to be about hydrogeology and you need to be an early career hydrogeologist (hydrogeology student or in the early years of professional work) to vote.
Once nominations have closed we will open voting to decide the most amazing, inspirational, engaging, cool hydrogeology paper of 2014. In addition to being widely recognized as an inspiring author, the winner will receive a year’s free membership of IAH and an IAH book prize of his or her choice.
How do I enter?
Any early career hydrogeologist can nominate any hydrogeology paper published (online or in volume) during 2014 in any peer-reviewed journal (not only Hydrogeology Journal), with a maximum 50-word justification of their nomination.
May 31, 2015, nominate a paper using this form: please click here to nominate.
Terms and conditions:
- Nominations are open to all early career hydrogeologists, defined as those working in a hydrogeology related field, who completed (or are completing) a degree (e.g. PhD, Masters or Bachelor) in hydrogeology or a related field within the last 10 years;
- Papers to be nominated must come from peer-reviewed science and/or engineering publications (such as, but not limited to, Hydrogeology Journal). Self nominations are not permitted. Nominators should not work at the same institution as authors of their nominated paper.
- Nominations and voting are restricted to one submission per person. When nominating and voting you will be asked to enter name, email address, institution and country and to verify that you are an early career hydrogeologist, and have not already voted.
- Email addresses will be verified before nominations and votes are accepted.
- The prize will be awarded at the 2015 IAH Congress in Rome, Italy.
- The winning author will be invited to deliver an oral presentation if she/he attends the congress. Financial support IS NOT available from ECHN or IAH, all costs should be covered by the author.
We look forward to receiving your nominations and votes!
The IAH ECHN Steering Committee
‘Coolest Paper’ Award News
The IAH Italian Chapter will generously cover the congress fees of the winning author to present his/her work at the AQUA2015 congress in Rome, and UNESCO-IHP will generously cover the author travel expenditures.
A forth-part video clip series chronicling the IAH Early Career Hydrogeologists “Coolest Paper of the Year Prize” competition. The purpose of the competition is to stimulate the early career hydrogeologists to share and discuss new and exciting hydrogeology research. This year, the winner of the prize will be announced and presented the prize at the 2015 IAH congress in Rome, Italy.
Part one of this series introduce the 2015 IAH congress in Rome, explores the main global hydrogeological challenges and reminds abstracts submission deadline.